Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have Chandigarh (India) in my Heart!

I was in Chandigargh (India) in early August 2008 and something happened to me.

God deposited something in my heart, which I am still trying to unpack.

Chandigarh is picturesquely located near the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas in Northwest India and is India's first planned and green city which is rightly nicknamed as "The City Beautiful". Chandigarh derived its name from Chandi Mandir, a temple of goddess Chandi, which is located in Haryana.

The master plan of this city was designed by the well-known French architect, Le Corbusier and has an unparalleled architecture. Chandigarh is one of the seven Union Territories of India and serves as a capital for two states, Punjab and Haryana.

Chandigarh has two satellite cities, Panchkula and Mohali.

Here is a map of the city - well worth clicking on.


No comments: