Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Something About Sundays - Steve Penny

I read this blog post earlier in the week from Steve Penny.

I am really enjoying his writing recently.

Here it goes......

Some things happen on Sundays that don’t take place any other day of the week.

I usually receive messages from friends who are also up very early preparing for a great day in church. I then wait to hear the sounds of the musicians starting to set up down in our auditorium.

And then soon the masses begin to arrive and the sounds of many people in one place can be heard. Church then begins and the praise and worship starts to lift and many people in one place now become one people with one heart.

I love preaching. I love what it does in people’s lives. God’s word changes us as we receive it in faith.

And then it is over and we leave as one people with one purpose for another week.

Without church on a weekend our weeks would not have a defining point. For me church is the beginning and launching pad for another week of great exploits. I love being all together in one place and waiting for the God moment to happen. There always is a God moment when His people gather. You just have to be looking for it.

Can’t wait for next Sunday for another God moment with the greatest people on earth.

Bring it on.

I agree!

What do you think about Sundays?

1 comment:

Melanie Hunt said...

I love Sundays, I love the 9.20 prayer, the joining with others for the purpose of praying for all to receive that God moment.
But I also love Big Wednesday nights, life group nights..time when you unite together as family. These are special times..times you know God will and does show up.