Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

John Mellencamp Concert

I had an awesome night last night at the John Mellencamp concert. Nick shouted me a ticket for my birthday - wow!!


Here are some pretty lame pictures from my HTC Dual phone - but who cares - I was there!!

Casey Chamber's husband, Shane Nicholson, was the opening act, followed by Sheryl Crow.
Mellencamp is a master - and he sure knows how to work a crowd. The music was tight and professional - and the energy coming off the stage was powerful. The lights and backdrops worked a treat - so we'll have to advance that in 2009!

The theme for me for the night was Apprenticeship. You can read about it more in this post here.
Mellencamp was recently in Adelaide. He has a private jet... but Sheryl Crow does not. Check out his Adelaide Now article titled, "No luxury as the Sheryl Crow flies."
Here is how Adelaide Now wrote about that concert - "Mellencamp rock still hurts so good."

PS - He did not sing the hit - "Hurt So Good." Probably the only disappointment of the night.


No comments: