Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

"The best financial advice I can give..." (Lovejoy)

The team and I are doing a message soon about this current season of global financial tension.

In leading people at Westlife I have been guiding them with bits n pieces of wisdom from the Bible, common sense, research etc.

I came across this great blog post from Shaun Lovejoy (pastor Mountain Lake Church). He summaries some useful stuff very well. Here is a snippet.. over to you now, Shaun.

I believe far too many Christians and churches have overemphasized the idea of faith in regards to our budgeting and spending practices, at the neglect of exercising wisdom by practicing the Biblical principles given to us in black and white (and red and white) in the Bible!

For example, in the Bible God teaches us that we should:
1. Seek lots of counsel before making financial decisions.
2. Gain as much knowledge on a subject as possible!

3........

You can read the rest here.

No comments: