Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

"You own the day, you own the night"

Here are some "Word-snippets" - random God-phrases from The Message that have caught my attention when reading Psalms recently.

They seem to work their way into prayers and conversations.

God is my King from the very start; he works salvation in the womb of the earth.
Psalms 74:12 (MSG)

You own the day, you own the night…
Psalms 74:16 (MSG)

You laid out the four corners of earth, shaped the seasons of summer and winter.
Psalms 74:17 (MSG)

...Your Name is our favourite word
Psalms 75:1 (MSG)

…Your mighty works are all we talk about.
Psalms 75:1 (MSG)

You say, "I'm calling this meeting to order, I'm ready to set things right. When the earth goes topsy-turvy And nobody knows which end is up, …I put everything in place again."
Psalms 75:2-3 (MSG)

He's the One …., he's the One.
Psalms 75:6 (MSG)

I'm telling the story of God Eternal
Psalms 75:9 (MSG)

Have I told you - or have you noticed - that I love the Word??!!!

No comments: