Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Thanks, Bruce!"

I have been linked to Garden City Christian Church since 1978.


I was even on staff in 2000.

It is a great church. I love GCCC. My Dad took me and my family there when I was 11 years old. I got married there. Our daughter Katie was dedicated there. My Dad's memorial service was there. I served as an Elder there. I was asked to launch a new church from there.

I am sort of sad. Pastor Bruce Hills has just resigned. The people will be hurting, and sad, and frustrated, and .... hopeful.

Here is what now appears on the GCCC website

Important Announcement
On Sunday 14th December 2008, Pastor Bruce Hills announced his resignation as the Senior Pastor of Garden City Christian Church. Pastor Steve Dixon, previously the Associate Pastor, has accepted the Church Board's request that he lead the church as the Senior Pastor for now, to allow them time to pray and consider applications for a long term replacement.
(The Church Board).



Thanks for leading in your season, Bruce. And thanks for the opportunities that you gave me.

"....This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out.

Matthew 16:18 (MSG)

".... and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. "

Matthew 16:18 (NLT)

"....and upon this rock I will build my church; and all the powers of hell shall not prevail against it."

Matthew 16:18 (TLB)

"And c'mon GCCC - you can do it - it's time to gather together and to pray and to build the next chapter, together! You are a prevailing church!"

2 comments:

Juiced said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juiced said...

Does anyone know why Pastor Bruce resigned? I missed going to church last week