Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Future Son-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law

I love our kids - Katie and Jethro.
I want the best for them. If you have kids, I am sure you know what I mean.

I was so inspired by this post from Mark Beeson - it is titled "Aaron & Tracy Are Engaged!"
It is well worth the read here. It includes a prayer he has prayed for many years for his future daughter-in-law.

Check out this snippet:

"Lord, somewhere there is a little girl who'll grow up to be my son's wife. Wherever she is at this moment, bless her with Your favour. Pour out Your provision on her life. Watch over her. Give her everything she needs to become a wise and faithful woman. Fill her with courage and compassion. Strengthen her. Put a hedge of protection around her. Discipline her and train her.
Give her loving and wise parents. Lead them in the Way that leads to life so she'll follow them in righteousness and learn to live for You. I pray she'll fall in love with Jesus. Show her how You've made her "special." Show her Your plan and purpose for her life.
Prepare her for life with my son - as You prepare him for life with her. I trust You to make her a great woman - so she can be a great wife, as You make my son a great man - so he can be a great husband. I entrust my son, and his future wife, into Your care. Oh Lord, be their Lord! Oh God, be their God! Let my son, and this little girl, bring honor and glory to You, as they play their part in Your great Story."

I want a great relationship with my children's life partners. So I better lift my game in relation to my future-focussed prayers!

What do you pray in advance for?

No comments: