Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top Five Reasons Churches Don’t Grow - Bill Tenny-Brittian

I came across this great article recently by Bill Tenny-Brittian - he is a senior church consultant, editor and author.

The article is called The Top Five Reasons Churches Don’t Grow.

Here is the opening:

When I get called in as a consultant to work with stuck, plateaued, or declining churches I have a couple of things I look for right off the bat. In the vast majority of the cases I discover that their inability to grow, let alone sustain, their membership is caused by one of six issues. And yes, I know this post is called the top FIVE reasons churches don’t grow, but I have to throw in the one stopper for church growth, no matter what else is happening.

Indeed, you can major on “fixing” the top five for the rest of eternity, but if you don’t take care of this one single issue, it will be for naught. I’ve said it before................


You can read the rest here.

To get you going, 2 of the reasons are:

> Ineffective Attendance Tracking
> Lack of Guest Follow-up


Thanks Bill!

No comments: