Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just Walk Across the Room - Robbery Reflection

I received a police report about a robbery in my suburb last weekend. It is a bit scary… but more about that in a moment.

My mind and spirit have been impacted by the following statements that I have heard and read during this JWAR campaign. Check out some of these.

The key is this: fundamentally, being walk-across-the-room people means that we walk when the Spirit tells us to walk and we don’t walk when the Spirit says not to walk. That’s what makes this thing dynamic and mystical and out of your control … and out of mine.

“If we would all do just the small thing that we can do, we would touch a lot more lives!”

If you’ve submitted your life to Christ but wonder why you’re not just rocketing ahead in your spiritual development or your spiritual maturity, could it be that, for too long now, you have clung to your Circles of Comfort, refusing even to glance toward that Zone of the Unknown, let alone take a walk into it?

Now… back to the police report I was talking about. Here it is.


14.02.09
Armed robbery, Springfield: Police are seeking public assistance regarding a robbery at the Something Fishy shop on Spingfield Lakes Boulevard last evening. Around 8.40pm two men dressed in high visibility jackets and with white towels covering their heads and faces approached four staff from the car park of the take-away shop. The two disguised men produced large knives and demanded cash. One staff member produced a bag of money which one of the men grabbed and the money from the bag fell to the ground. The men ran away with only a small amount of money. One staff member received a minor injury as a result. Police continue to investigate this matter.


This fish shop is where I get my favourite potato scallops from. Noela lets me put Westlife events brochures on her counter. I saw Noela in my street recently. Her daughter goes to daycare in a house in my street. She is a very cheerful person – and she knows my name too.

Noela’s shop was robbed.

On Monday I had to get some ice from the IGA. I was in a hurry and there was a storm bucketing rain down. As I ran I saw Noela fixing a sign in her shop. I kept running towards the car… and then in a split second I thought of the police report and then I thought of Noela and her staff.

“It won’t take long!”

So I turned around and ran to the fish shop.

I had an interaction with Noela where I acknowledged the robbery, she told me some of the scary details…. I talked about trauma counselling and talking to someone. She agreed that it would be a good thing to do. She was very teary… it was quite moving. And then I told her that I would be praying for her. It must be tough in her situation.

All up 2 minutes…. Priceless!!!

And I feel alive!!

Back to the teaching……..

“….being walk-across-the-room people means that we walk when the Spirit tells us to walk and we don’t walk when the Spirit says not to walk. That’s what makes this thing dynamic and mystical and out of your control … and out of mine.”

If you are "open for business" today I am sure God will use you.

Priceless!!!

1 comment:

Scrapsister said...

That is an awesome message...timely for me too.

I had an SMS conversation yesterday with an interstate friend,whereby I received an initial 'group text' telling us her husband had a mild heart attack yesterday morning.
I replied back with-
'Much love Honey, I am praying for him'
My ascerbic,non-believing friend said
'might need to clap too haha - doesn't look good'
Late this afternoon she texted again with -
'More tests all is good. It wasn't a heart attack after all!'
My reply text -
'Amen'
That was enough....