Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

"Explanation or Obedience?" - Perry Noble

I read this great blog post from Perry Noble recently - love the way he has written it.

One of the problems I have constantly faced as follower of Jesus Christ is the mistake that believing that God owes me some sort of explanation every time He commands me to do something…
…which has caused me, many times, to expect God to explain Himself rather than me simply trusting Him enough to do exactly what He says.


I am learning that, if I am to be the follower He desires for me to be that I need to be obsessed with obedience to Him rather than expecting and explanation from Him.
Personally…I wish there was an explanation every time He commands something of me. I wish He would say, “You need to do BLANK…and when you do the following would take place…”
BUT…I believe ONE of the reasons
… click here to read the rest.

"Explanation" or "obedience"... which one do you tend to gravitate to?

No comments: