Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life After Lakeland: Sorting Out the Confusion

J. Lee Grady is editor of Charisma. He wrote this insightful but sad article about the current spiritual revival at Lakelands in USA.

He writes:
"I still believe that God desires to visit our nation in supernatural power. I know He wants to heal multitudes, and I will continue praying for a healing revival to sweep across the United States. But we must contend for the genuine, not an imitation. True revival will be accompanied by brokenness, humility, reverence and repentance...."

I am still processing all this.

I spoke on Sunday AM in one of my message points about God's need of us to pray to seize God-opportunities. It is God's desire to move powerfully in our world and "worlds"... but He needs us to partner with Him.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

What do you think?

No comments: