Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Beggars in India

Here I am recently in New Delhi and Chandighar with some beggars.

I have travelled extensively around the world and have seen this alot. I train workers not to give them money. It makes sense not to give beggars money.
But this time I did - I had to! There was just something inside that made me do it. God was challenging my heart to be generous. It was my "time" to do this - and no one else around me was asked to do it.

I love this verse -
Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.' Matthew 25:40 (MSG)

Here is what Wayne Mansfield wrote recently in his
regular Maverick email about his experiences with beggars in India - some good thoughts here Wayne! I like this one...
"I can tell you it was a very difficult 15 minutes, until our car arrived, ignoring very skilled emotional sales techniques waged against me. As I closed the door of the car, a woman with her baby in her arms pressed against the glass imploring me to give her money for food. Whilst all the advice is to ignore what had just happened it seemed to me to be amazingly heartless to do so."

No comments: