Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Mind is a Distillery - Paul E Grant

This is a great poem by a real hgero of mine, Paul E Grant.  I have written about him many time sin my blog.

Over to you now, Paul, for another potent poem....

MY MIND IS A DISTILLERY



My mind is a distillery
Separating all kinds of elements,
A depot also, storing deliveries
Of many kinds of rudiments


My mind becomes a clearing house
A kind of encyclopedia
In which I’m challenged to examine
Items from all kinds of media

Daily and hourly, incessantly,
Details invade its capacity,
Each of them demanding attention,
Data of wondrous diversity


God made this amazing organ,
A body-top computer,
Programmed to function for our good
It becomes a kind of tutor


It helps me to distinguish
The important from the trivial,
It also helps me segregate
The evil from the moral


It challenges me to discovery
To exploring things unknown,
To ascertaining accuracy
To accept or to disown

I’ve learned to give priority
To things of enduring worth,
For really and truly we have only
A very little time on earth

So I learn to distil the mysteries
Of God’s wonderful creation,
Best of all the provision
Of his amazing salvation

This world quickly passes away
That which is seen is temporal,
The things I really love to distil
Are the things that are eternal

Paul E. Grant
May 2009

No comments: